lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have an 05 Lexus RX330 and have water in the drivers side

Customer Question

I have an 05 Lexus RX330 and have water in the drivers side floor and on the ground in from of the rear seats. I feel like the leak is in the sun roof drain because there was a fair amount of moisture up there when i just opened it. We have had heavy rain for the past 2 weeks. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The main sunroof drains are in the front corners; a bit hard to see, but if you look close yuu will see a 3/8" hole on either corner on the front edge. If these are plugged up, the sunroof will leak. the test is to take a water can with a spout and, with the sunroof open, pour the water into the front channel and then look under the car for water drainage by the front tires. If you do not see water draining out, you have blocked sunroof drains.