Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lexus Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2005 lexus gx470 airbag light blinking. can I reset

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 lexus gx470 airbag light blinking. can I reset it?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the air bag light cannot be"reset". Due to this being a safety-related system, the problem will need to be repaired for the light to go off. This is done this way to ensure that a vehicle that is not safe is not sold under the assumption the vehicle is safe, when it is not. So, at this point, you'll need to have the Diagnostic Trouble Codes read from the on-board computer. These codes will serve as the starting point for the diagnostic and will point to the faulty part/sensor and from there, the correct repair can be made. SOME local parts stores, like AutoZone, will read the codes for Free (except in CA). Not every store will have the correct scan-tool, so you may need to call around first. If you live in CA or cannot find a store to read the codes, then a shop will be needed. Solrry to be the bearer of bad news here! If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.