camerontech
camerontech, Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I am getting a code saying that solenoid c and D on a 06

Customer Question

I am getting a code saying that solenoid c and D on a 06 gs300 are stuck off, will a fluid drain and fill help
Category: Lexus
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

Any time a solenoid code is stored, it is usually an electric solenoid issue. It is highly unlikely that a drain and fill would help your situation at all. This is an eletronic failure that the computer has detected.

I would have your solenoid packs checks and tested asap, as a faulty solenoid can cause serious damage to the internal clutches, and then your into a complete rebuild.

I have had one of these with a solenoid code before, and the customer drove around with it on for a while and he damaged the transmission. A transmission shop could have save him a ton of money for a fairly minor repair

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!

cam