Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

We have a 2000 Rx300 and checked the fuses and the bulbs,

Customer Question

We have a 2000 Rx300 and checked the fuses and the bulbs, but no change in the brake lights. Tail lights still work. What's the problem?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** that all the bulbs are the same. They must all be the same brand like GE or Wagner. Check the wires between the failure sensor and the bulb sockets. Bypass the failure module by jumping the Green/White to the Green/Yellow and Green/Red wire. If lights now work then replace the failure module. Here is a picture of module, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4h0rj74rdyyns9/dafadfasff.html?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We only replaced two bulbs on one side, not all four. Is that what you are suggesting? Couldn't it also be the tail lamp sensor module?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'd start by replacing other side also so it is the same type of light if that doesnt help then bypass sensor module, if that allows brake lights to work then replace the module. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.