sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I replaced the Knock sensor (on the front bank) and the

Customer Question

Hi, I replaced the Knock sensor (on the front bank) and the cable and water hose under the plenum. The knock sensor code went away (btw, there were no other codes prior to the knock sensor repair) The car runs beautifully with 234,000 miles. There were some issues on the far left (passenger side) and the far right (driver side) vacuum switches. The tube nozzles broke off both. I repaired them with JB Weld and verified that they are clear with a 1/16 drill bit by hand.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that you replaced the knock sensor and repaired some vacuum issues but I'm uncertain what your question is after reading your post a few times. Are you having an issue after this work was done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, the message didn't go thru to you completely.
I was getting a P0441 code, that turned out to be a gas cap issue.
I am still getting a P0171 code. I checked the vaccum lines. I didn't do a smoke test. That can't be good for the MAF sensor.
I replaced one of the fuel injectors with a junk yard acquisition and that seemed to fix the problem for a few minutes but it came back.
After I changed the injector (front bank, no plenum removal necessary) the car started to idle a little ruff. BTW, when I was first getting the P0171 code before I replaced the fuel injector, the car ran BEAUTIFULLY. Idled smooth, ran like a bat outta hell. The engine has 234k miles on it but has been well maintained.

Was the P0171 setting before the knock sensor was replaced?