Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a lexus e350 and the carpet is wet

Customer Question

i have a lexus e350 and the carpet is wet
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Could you please provide a bit more information so I can better understand your issue? Which side carpet is wet? Does it happen after a rain, of after the AC is used? Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the carpet in the back and front , i believe after the ac is used, i took it to lexus and the said my ac drain was clogged and they flushed it, but i still notice the carpet getting wet

Thanks for the quick reply. It is very well known that the drain hose for the AC unit clogs up. This causes the AC water to drain into the car as opposed onto the street (under the car) when the AC is on. there is also the possibility that the AC box, where the water is collected to be drained out, is cracked. This would allow the AC to drain into the interior. The thing to do here is have an accurate visual diagnosis performed. Examine the bottom of the AC box (under the dash) for moisture with the AC on. If you do not want to do this (you have to be wedged into the passenger footwell to see this), I recommend you return to the dealer and tell them if they flushed the AC drain hose, and mud formed inside the AC box has dislodged, the AC drain will again cause the AC drain water to back up. The drain tube may need to be cleaned out a second time. This would not be uncommon after a thorough flush. This really sounds like you either have a blocked AC drain or a cracked AC box under the dash.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will a regular mechanic be able to fix this issue

A regular mechanic would be able to pull the AC drain hose off, and ascertain if the AC drain on the AC box is clogged, yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it is the ac drain hose, what is the ultimate solution to not have this issue no more

The box is designed to drain water out of the AC box; a good technician will clean the hose out (if clogged) and also re-flush the box to clean thje bottom where dust and plooen can be drawn into the unit. Once cleaned, only us AC withe Recirculate feature selected. This lessens dirt from getting into the AC box. .