Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2007 Lexus ES 350... now on the 2nd pair of axles, and the

Customer Question

2007 Lexus ES 350... now on the 2nd pair of axles, and the vibration is back, not quite as bad as originally, but progressing along... have tried new tires, rotated and rebalanced the wheels, it seems to be coming from the passenger side only under load... what could be the issue?
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also have had the alignment checked, and it was in spec...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car has 105k miles on it... this is the 2nd pair of axles in 30 days, also switched brands...
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Assuming that the axles are good, The other causes of vibration can be caused by worn struts (common), or weak/damaged/broken motor mounts (also very common). Before you swap out any axles, take a good look at all of the motor mounts (on top and underneath). If any of the look worn, or look collapsed, replace them. These drivelines are very susceptible to vibrations if the mounts are worn. Also look at the front struts. See if you have oil wetness or evidenc of oil leaks from the top of the strut where the silver stem is. If you see oil dampness, replace the struts. A bad strut can cause a terrific vibration.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer