Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner/ manager
2947720

The hose running from the bottom end of the Mass Air Flow

Customer Question

The hose running from the bottom end of the Mass Air Flow Sensor to the Throttle Body (With the l" diameter plastic pipe & wires protruding at a right angle) has broken at the 1" pipe and some wires are exposed).
This problem appears to cause the 1995 Lexus LS400 to "stall", periodically, in dangerous situations.
What is the replacement part called and the part number? Or, what is the appropriate
repair?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

That is the intake air connector, You can normally try to find one in a salvage yard, or ebay, they are sort of expensive to get from the dealer, if they can still get it. I have seen at least one on the net when running the part number. You won't need the entire assembly if the only part that is broken is the connector, (where the 1" hose goes to).

….

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you have a subscription or are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.