Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a RX330 the car died while driving. Dealer replaced

Customer Question

Hi I have a RX330 the car died while driving. Dealer replaced ecm car died two days later back to dealer everything test fine up to the injector pulse, they are not receiving the signal to fire. The mechanic looked at the car all day no luck, I show up and it starts right up. I drove it for three months and it died again. tow it to dealer they go out and it starts right up, I understand they can not fix what they cant find but it's killing me I can't trust the car where do I start looking?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. please allow me to assist you. Injector pulse comes form two distinct sensors: the Cam position sensor and the Crankshaft position sensor. It would be my thinking that there is something getting on the faces of the sensor (rust dust, metal particles, etc/the sensors are magnetic and will hold metal particles). When this happens, the sensors cannot 'read' the cam or the crank units that the sensor monitors. If this car was in my shop, pulling the cam and crank sensors out for a close visual examination would be the first thing to do.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer