Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

2004 GS/430 Looks like the AC just stop working.. I ran the

Customer Question

2004 GS/430 Looks like the AC just stop working.. I ran the AC diagnostic and I get code 24... Been reading articles... AC magnetic relay could be the problem??
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

When it starts blowing warm air does the light in the AC switch or panel start to flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't blow any air?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify you're saying that the blower motor is not coming on at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it cost more to talk on phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still there???
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Yes a phone consultation comes at an additional cost. I can submit that offer we can discuss the matter of the phone. However the code number the you have number 24 is normal. Whenever the codes are checked or diagnosed indoors or in dark environments or overcast environments it will set that code number for the solar sensor. If bright sunlight is in your area in your checking for codes and you continue to get the solar sensor code then you may have an issue with the solar sensor itself. That being said it will have nothing to do with the blower motor not working. The AC magnetic clutch relay also will have nothing to do with the blower motor not working that is a totally separate circuit than the controls for the AC compressor. If the motor is not working it's possible there something wrong with the control panel or the controller going to the blower for supplying power to the blower motor or the blower motor itself. The two most common are the controller and the blower motor itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK not sure of your answer? What do I need to fix to get A/Cinemax working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that should have been A/C working?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

This will need electrical diagnosing done on the blower motor circuit do you have access to a voltmeter or a simple 12 V test light and reasonable knowledge of how to use it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can run the test again... It gave me 21 sensor and then 24 code and it just blink both codes back and fore..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what's next.. I paid $20 already for the text infor. Now you want $24 more to talk via phone?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

You have only made a deposit to your account. You have not paid for anything yet. I have to step out I will not be available to discuss this until late this evening 10 pm EST. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Code 21 is the other solar sensor there are 2.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I don't think so. I will just take it to my mechanic. Thanks
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

ok