Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am replacing the front break pads on 2007 Lexus Es350. I

Customer Question

I am replacing the front break pads on 2007 Lexus Es350. I have removed the calipers and pads. There are two springs at the top of the pads which force them apart. How do you reinstall them. Does the Caliper come apart
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, look that the pads when you have them seated in the caliper bracket. You will see 2 small holes drilled in each, one towards the bottom and one towards the top. The spring ends go in them(see attached). This gets a bit tricky with just 2 hands, but you install the springs, hold the pads tight against the rotor and with free hand install the caliper and remove your hand from the pads as the caliper captures them and holds them as you finish sliding the caliper in place

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks