Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

What pins do I need to jump and how do I reset vsc, abs and

Customer Question

what pins do I need to jump and how do I reset vsc, abs and track off lights
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Click on the attached link it will show you the pins to jumper in the DLC three connector under the left side of the instrument panel. This will flash all the lights on the instrument panel for example the ABS light will flash if there are codes set in it. They will be two digit codes for example a code 31 will flash three times a slight pause than one flash on the ABS light and if there are additional codes they will follow in a two digit format. To clear the ABS codes push the brake pedal eight times within five seconds and it will reset it. Remove the negative battery cable to clear the codes in the vehicles skid control system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will this clear the vsc and trac off lights also?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Pulling the negative or positive battery cable will erase the codes in the vehicle skid control or traction control system. If those lights do not go out after the battery is reinstalled that means there is a hard fail code or fault in the system. The ABS light only clears by doing the brake pedal. If there are no faults found in the ABS system after repair the light should still go out the code would just be set in the history. The code doesn't have to be cleared after the repair is done. If you push the brake pedal eight times in five seconds with key in the on position and the jumper wire installed and it continues to flash a code and doesn't flash the light steady and rapidly than there is still a fault of the system.