Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2007 Lexus ES350 blowing hot air on driver's side. I think

Customer Question

2007 Lexus ES350 blowing hot air on driver's side. I think its the air mix servo that I think is located just above the throttle pedal. If I have located the right servo, I can see only 1 screw holding it in at the bottom. There has to be at least 1 more that I can't see. Besides removing the mounting screw(s), what do I need to do to remove and replace and properly index? And, maybe I should be sure that's the problem before I tear into it?
BTW, PepBoys wanted $1,000 - $1,200 and 2 - 3 days to fix it. Said they had to pull the dash out to fix it
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I have done a few of these and I can tell you that you have to pull the dash for this one. There are a couple of screws at the top and rear of it that you cannot access with the dash and components in the way. Pepboys is overpriced though on their estimate. It is 4.8 hours labor to replace the servo, which is about $480 in labor.