sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My roof lid on my sc430 is retracted but will only close to

Customer Question

My roof lid on my sc430 is retracted but will only close to about halfway.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be a handful of things.

It could be an electrical issue. If the top stops and you hear no noise when continuing to try to close it then the issue is electrical. It could be the pump motor itself, the module or switch, but it's more likely to be the module seeing something that will prevent proper operation and is disabling the top. It watches a handful of switches to ensure all components are in the correct state during operation. If the top is stopping with no noise then a scan tool is most likely going to be needed to diagnose it further.

If you do hear the pump continue to run but the top doesn't move then odds are the system is low on fluid due to a leak in a cylinder or line.