Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

I accidentally reversed my cables when jumping my 400

Customer Question

I accidentally reversed my cables when jumping my 400 LS...now my electrical is totally out...the car will start and drive...but no power steering assist.....I'm hoping the large breakers under the hood (cause i have difficulty reaching the kick panel...
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

90% of the time it only blows the 120 amp ALT fuse. It is located in the fuse box as seen in the highlighted area in yellow in the attachment. It does not just pull out it is bolted to the Busbar inside the block the block has to be disassembled. As a test pop the clear plastic lid off the square box type fuse and push the two halves together so they touch or use a jumper wire across temporarily and see if everything comes alive. Normally it does not damage any components. When you jumped backwards. Please do not forget to rate the assistance at 3 or higher.