Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Check engine light comes on once in a while and it shown gas

Customer Question

Customer: check engine light comes on once in a while and it shown gas cap vent. dealer placed a new cap ( oe ) on over a year ago and light still comes on with same problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not sure what else to tell
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the specific code numbers and the vehicle identification number available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didn't save the code. Next time it comes up I'll save it . the vin# ***** JTHBF30GX30118193
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I was unable to find anything with the vehicle identification number they evidently did not do a health check the last time when they checked for codes. Can you get to a nearby AutoZone or similar parts store were in most states except California and Virginia they do free malfunction code reads. The codes would still be set in history even if the check engine light is not on at this time.