rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My ESLexus wouldn't respond to the signal from key pad to

Customer Question

My ES(###) ###-####Lexus wouldn't respond to the signal from key pad to open the doors but the dash lights were on. Had to call locksmith to unlock doors then when I got car home it wouldn't shut off without the motor being disconnected. What is wrong. Its like the computer information was wiped out. How can it be fixed????
Category: Lexus
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

If the locksmith knows what you just told me, then shame on him for not programming everything for you while he was there. I would call him back and inform him that he did not complete his job.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does unlocking the car have to do with anything????? I have had my car unlocked before and nothing happened. He used a pressure cuff to open the door wide enough to put in the wire stick to trip the door lock.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

The key fob controls all those functions and it sounds like it needs to be re-programmed so it does all those functions. That's where we have to start, I sure wouldn't want to condemn a computer at this point when re-programming hasn't been done yet.

Thanks again,