Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Looking to purchase 2010 Lexis RX350 asking if this

Customer Question

Looking to purchase 2010 Lexis RX350 asking if this year/model have inherent quirks mechanically or electrically
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any service history on the vehicle? Do you have the vehicle identification number so I can investigate any recalls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vin # *****
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Standby while I research somethings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to speak over phone right now
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

There are no open recall on this vehicle. There was some service history about a year ago for some can occasion errors with the XM radio system but that could just been because somebody disconnected something it just showed on a code report. The vehicle overall is a great vehicle the only thing I would be cautious or warn you about is they had some problems from 2007 through 2010 with the VVTI controller gears on the camshaft. It was a very expensive repair that technical service bulletin number is ***** if you Google search that number you can read more about it. There's no way for the average person the know if that's going to be an issue but the only time you would know is if it on cold startups in the morning if you get an excessive rattling noise that would be a sign that something is going on. Otherwise you wouldn't know until the check engine light come on because it throws the VVTI timing out. I would not purchase this vehicle unless the seller has some good service history. That car has only been to the dealer three times in his entire life which usually indicates that either they did their own service work or did not keep up their service. I would also get a CAR FAX I do not have access to that for any body damage or accident history