Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2008 is250. Car died. I replaced the battery. Would not

Customer Question

2008 is250. Car died. I replaced the battery. Would not start and brakes did not illuminate when pressed In the engine passenger both 30 amps were blown and replaced.( # ***** and 7). Both fuses under the dash are good with power. I replaced the stop light brake switch to no avail. Whst else could it be? Donald
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Both those fuses are for the audio system, which if the radio was on when when you replaced the battery could have blown.

I am not clear on whether nothing happens when you try to start it or if it turns over but doesnt start, so I need clarification on that

Also, I need to know if yours has the push button start or not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have provided wrong information. It appears there is no power to the driver side fuse box under the dash. Is there a fuse that supplies that box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
push start. When trying to start, the gauge arms swing and the dash indicates the brake need to be pressed. When pressed, it does not turn over nor brake lights come on. I checked the stop light fuse under the dash and the fuse under the driver dash, both are good.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

The fuse box gets power directly from the battery via a power feed wire out of the power distribution center in the engine compartment. If there is no power to it, there is a short in the wiring harness from the power distribution center to the fuse box

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can not right now I am not with the vehicle It is my daughters car and I am at my house.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Please allow me to assist on this request. In the fuse panel under the hood, there is a long cartridge type device that contains several fuses. The unit is an assembly; the fuses contained therein are not replaceable. This cartridge supplies power to the interior fuse panel. Most likely, one of the internal fuses in this cartridge have blown. This would need ot be replaced. The cartridge is bolted onto the buss bars of the fuse panel. The recommendation on this request would be to locate this cartridge and inspect it closely. If you see a separated fuse wire, replace the unit.