Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

A couple times last week, first thing in the morning, when

Customer Question

A couple times last week, first thing in the morning, when pressing my brake pedal my start button would not turn green hence i could not start the car. After locking and unlocking the doors a few times with the remote, which works fine, and fiddling around the car started. I drove to work, drove back home the issue seemed to be gone. Then a few days later same thing. Fiddle Fiddle and then it worked. I did notice once while driving that my security light started flashing while i was driving. Not sure if its related but something tells me it is. This Monday morning after not using the car all weekend the car wont start at all. Tried to fiddle with no luck. I tried both my keys ... I tried unplugging the battery, i tried holding the key up to the start button with the L logo touching .... all unsuccessful. My lights work ... the sideview mirrors lights come on when im close by ... my brake lights work fine. I can not turn on the radio or cycle through the ignition modes at all. I tried jumping the car but that doesnt work either. I found some threads about checking some fuses and all my fuses seem fine and don't test open. I've read it could be a bad ground ... Where could i begin testing for that? I also found a service bulletin about replacing the start button. Which i did but still no go.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Before we get into grounds and such, I need to find out if you had the updated start button installed or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. This is the part I bought and swapped.http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQ0MFgxMDgw/z/qG0AAOSwLVZV2MGX/$_3.JPGJPGAlso note my car vin did not fall into the VINs affected by the start button replacement TSB.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached pic of part
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, just wanted to make sure on that part.

I need to get the last 8 of the vin to pull up the wiring schematics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
72009697
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

unfortunately I will need to opt out as I dont have the diagrams for this one. If another expert does, they will post here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will anyone answer this?