Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

I have 2004 Lexus GS 300 that suddenly the break light, vcs

Customer Question

I have 2004 Lexus GS 300 that suddenly the break light, vcs and and off light came on and a high pitched noise is emitting. Is this dangerous to drive?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Any chance you have an audio recording that I could listen to for this high-pitched noise? Did the yellow check engine light also illuminate? Is the vehicle overheating or the temperature gauge running normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get in my car and call you so you can hear it. Yes check engine light is on car is not overheating
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Are you noticing any loss of performance or has the check engine light started to flash?

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Are you noticing any fluid leaking under the vehicle? Have you had any service work done recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured it out. My gas cap wasn't right
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The VSC lights come on by default when the check engine light comes on. However this should not cause any type of noise. To erase the codes simply remove the negative battery cable and it will reset the memory in the computer. Then start the vehicle up and see if the noise continues or is any additional warning lights that come on provided the engine is running normally and you're not losing power and the engine light is not flashing you should be fine to drive. In most states except California and Virginia they do free malfunction code reads at AutoZone and other similar parts stores. You can always swing by there and have them run a free code read to find out what the code numbers are. Feel free to cope post the code numbers back here and I can comment further. Please not forget to rate the assistance that I provide you at three or higher.