Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2003 Lexus GS300. The problem I am having is that

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Lexus GS300. The problem I am having is that whenever I try and use the keyless remote, it unlocks the doors except the drivers side doesn't, sometimes it does but then it immediately locks again. I replaced the drivers side lock actuator but I am still having the same problem.
Please help.
Thanks.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Does the inside lock switch work normally- is this just restricted to the keyless entry? If so, this could be in the keyless entry control module

I need to get the last 8 digits of the vin number to pull up all the related wiring schematics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for getting back to me... Yes, the inside switch does work normally... and yes it is restricted to the keyless entry, I think... the last numbers of the vin is###-##-####..
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, there are 3 posssible causes - body ecu 1, body ecu 2, or the keyless entry control module. Unfortunately this will need a shop to diagnose as it 100% REQUIRES the use of a factory level scan tool to diagnose which of the 3 is responsible for failure of the driver side door lock circuit in the keyless entry system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the standard obd scanner wouldn't work? Also since there is no Lexus dealer here would a Toyota dealer be able to do it if I need a factory scan?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

If you have a high end one like a Snap-on Solus, it will work, but your run of the mill ones that only retrieve codes and read live data wont.

Most general repair shops have a high end scan tool that can do this, so you dont have to take to a dealer, but if none of your local ones do, then a toyota dealer is fine

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks