scionking
scionking, MASTER CERTIFIED
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I have a 1996 lexus ls400. initially had a leaking power

Customer Question

I have a 1996 lexus ls400. initially had a leaking power steering fluid for a few months then recently my fan bracket broke. I had replace the serpentine belt, power steering pump, and fan bracket. That was all replaced but when I started the car it was running very rough then it cut off. so then i was told the water pump locked up so i replaced that and the timing belt. started the car and it started smoking and the serpentine belt broke. i want to know what is the problem
Category: Lexus
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I would suspect that you have a locked up pulley that's powered by the drive belt. Since you have a new fan bracket and a new P/S pump, I would suspect that the A/C clutch/compressor locked up, the Alternator,the Idler or the Tensioner. See attached image for there locations. Check each of these to see if you can rotate then by hand.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Please press "Finish and Rate" to rate the service provided.

If you need further assistance let me know and I would be happy to help.