Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

My 1993 Lexus LS 400 won't start was sitting three years it

Customer Question

my 1993 Lexus LS 400 won't start was sitting for proximately three years it started when it was parked and it hasn't been driven for nothing I just told it to my place and the tires were completely flat I got them fixed and then try to turn the root booster and it will not start do you know what the problem is
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse , proper fuel pressure as well as compression. If you can check each one of these things and see which one you are lacking , I will try and help you determine the cause. Post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
low spark comprestion,how fo i fix that?i live way out in the sticks,hearest service centet 120 miles away,the way i found out about thr spark plug comprestion,is that the car turnes over really fast,and don'd have the tools fot the rest,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should i use starter fluid?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you have low engine compression then you are likely looking a a failed timing belt. If you 1993 has a 4.0 engine then its an interference engine and that usually means the valves have been damaged if the timing belt jumped and or broke which means the heads will have to come off.