Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Re: 1996 Lexus ES300: I'm replacing the ignition key

Customer Question

Re: 1996 Lexus ES300: I'm replacing the ignition key lock cylinder. I need guidance on the sequence of dash panels to remove in order to gain access. Closest video on you tube is for a Camry but the dash panels are different. Same for the Haynes manual.
Thanks for the help!
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the link to the Camry video so I can compare what they're referring to. It should be a very identical. At least that will be able to decipher any discrepancies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The closest you tube video is for a 98 Camry. Lock cylinder is similar but dash panels are all different. After receiving your msg I got frustrated and went back out. Decided to remove/risk breaking what turned out to be a small access panel. It was stubborn but finally came out. Found a mounting bolt, removed it, and felt my way from there. Bot***** *****ne: fixed it! New lock is installed, panels are back on, and car starts. So thanks anyway for your help. What do I owe you?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

No I will have the question closed I'm glad you got it fixed. Do not reply back to me unless you need something additional just let the question timeout. You have not paid for anything you've only made a deposit to your just answer account. If you don't plan on asking any further questions or did not sign up for any subscriptions feel free to contact the moderator or the website and they can refund your deposit.