Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Dealer installed the cables backward on new battery in my

Customer Question

Dealer installed the cables backward on new battery in my 2008 lexas 350. Said it blew the master fuse and needed to replace. When I pick up do I need or is it possible other damage could have been done to electrical system and or nav system?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Is everything working normally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not picked up yet as they have to go to a lexas dealer I assume to get the part. Just being pro active in case it has a problem after I pick it up. Reversing the battery and shorting out the fuse as they say leave a lot of room as to what else might have happened and I have heard the nav systems in these cars are very touchy.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Generally speaking anytime a vehicle is jumped backwards or especially Toyota about 95% of the time all it does is blow the main fuse and about three or four other fuses. My recommendation would be when you get to the dealership to stand there with one of the associates and go through the entire vehicle and make sure everything electronically works including any USB connections issues with the radio navigation and all of your warning and control systems. If that all tests and checks out okay then you should be fine. Again only about 5% of the time to the does any component or computer damage. The Toyota/Lexus systems are very resilient for these kinds of problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Will wait till they call for pick up and do just that. Thank you.////Rick.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Please do not forget to rate the information that I provided to you at three or higher and if you need any additional assistance feel free to reply and I will get back to you.