Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I recently bought a used 1996 Lexus LS400. Today the car

Customer Question

Hi! I recently bought a used 1996 Lexus LS400. Today the car randomly wouldn't start, which has never happened before. No electricity seemed to be coming into the car at all, not a single light on the dash was on etc. I popped the hood and wiggled the negative terminal cable a bit and everything was fine. I just want to make sure that this isn't an indication of a bigger problem. Thanks!
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like a battery terminal connection problem, or a battery issue. Battery posts have been known to become loose internally in the battery This would cause a loss of power. More often than not, though, the battery cable not being tight enough, or the terminall being corroded is the main cause.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will tighten the battery terminal and see if the issue reoccurs!

OK...You are very welcome