cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 2003 Lexus GX 470. It sporadically refuses to shift

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Lexus GX 470. It sporadically refuses to shift from P to R or D and VSC lights show on dash. Now audio completely out-no radio or CD. What is wrong? Thank you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

are you getting any check engine light

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light comes on and so does VSC light.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

any way you can to a parts store and have the codes read

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't know...what is the problem?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

with out knowing why the check engine and the vcs light is on i wont be able to tell you for sure what the problem is you can go to any parts store and they will read the codes that set off the lights for free

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your response of answering my questions with your own question and then telling me you have no answer is of no value to me and I do not agree to pay for what is a complete lack of advice.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i can give you a whole list of things that can cause your problem but until you get the codes from the check engine light no expert will be able to help you as we can not come there and read the codes for our selfs the codes on the check engine light will tell you what the problem is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check engine light does not stay on, none of them stay on, because eventually it allows me to shift. So assume the light is not on.