Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Any repair info no C1267?

Customer Question

Any repair info no C1267 ?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. C1267 does not show up as a valid 2004 Toyota Camry code. It is possible that you are getting this code from a non-compatible scanner.

This code does show up for a 2009 Toyota Venza, however

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried two scanners. I have a snap on verdict and a innova and both came back with the same code.c1267. I've searched All data and Prodemand to no avail. Even tried Google. No luck. Sure track showed one fix but no repair or diag info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way it is an 04 Camry.

Yes. It is a 2004. It also has an open recall that was never performed.

C1267 pertains to the load sensor circuit on the brake pedal switch.

This could be a lot easier diagnosed by the Toyota scan tool. There are 2 different paths here...either the brake pedal switch is bad, or the brake actuator is bad. The actuator replacement is really expensive. You need to be sure on this before you spend over a thousand dollars on a replacement actuator.

Your best bet here is to let a Toyota shop diagnose this before you do anything else. Might save you a ton of maney

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question. This vehicle was in an accident and as a result the EBCM had to be replaced (physical damage). Anyway the owner bought the used unit from a salvage yard. Is it possible it came off of a 2009 hence the code? Just thinking outside the box.

Absolutely. The ECM may be looking for an input that does not physically exist on the car. You need to pull the ECM and record the 10 digit part number. Then go to a Toyota dealer with the VIN and have them look up the ECM. Compare the part numbers. They need to match. According to my Toyota interface, the C1267 should not be produced by this particular car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I replaced the EBCM and made sure the numbers were almost identical. After installation I got codes C1223 and C1267 again. Not sure why I keep getting the second.

A C1223 is a ABS module internal failure code. Perhaps the ABS module was replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the ABS module with a used unit. Think maybe it's bad? Also is the ABS module the ONLY way this vehicle can have a code C1266? I'm stumped on that one. It also has engine code P0500

The P 0500 is failure in the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) circuit. This input is critical to the ABS operation. Perhaps we should sort that out first. The easiest thing here would be to check the wire connector at the VSS and make sure it is OK. If that is OK, replace the VSS