Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Is this going to cost me money if it doesn't work? My map

Customer Question

is this going to cost me money if it doesn't work? My map function on the display does not show a map anymore, it only shows longitude and latitude, yet continues to guide me accurately
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Ok, this is likely an internal fault in the navi control unit. If you can provide the 17 digit vin number I can check for any self diagnostic check you can run to verify the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just woke up and saw you answer this morning, as i said it wasn't urgent so it's ok. I was told that it would have to be run through a computer (most likely Lexus), to ascertain the problem, or I pull out some wires from underneath the spare and reattach them, it is my second car (but loved) and I have to sell it, I should just buy a garmin to go with it as the map is still from 2007, and it is cheaper to purchase a new GPS than to update it from Lexus. If you thinka VIN number will help you, I will provide it to you in a few hours, but I fail to see any connection in solving the problem, if you do, I will gladly pay the fee
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Depending upon the model in it, there may be a self diagnostics you can run without need of any tool or equipment, which may reset it or at least pull up what is wrong with it and we can go from there. The VIN number will allow me to pull up this information