Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

Ron Z, I'm having a problem my throttle body assembly. After

Customer Question

Hi Ron Z , I'm Darrell I'm having a problem my throttle body assembly . After my 1999 Lexus GS 300 sits for 3 hrs or more . Car acceleration is ok after a mile car goes into a limp mode where u press the foot pedal down all but 25% from the floor before getting acceleration . A guy online from the Lexus club , said this happen to him. And said Lexus said it was his throttle body assembly. But he found it was his throttle actuator motor . Could be or what's some other things to look for . Thank u
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This problem may be caused by sludge build up in the throttle body so before you do anything else try disconnecting the negative battery cable and take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body a good cleaning. After doing so, reconnect the cable and start the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes and see if the problem clears. If the problem returns then you are going to need to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Try this and post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Ron, But I have cleaned the throttle body, Replaced the ECM, checked wiring . Lexus said that the little round plate wasn't open up when should , it's idle is high at all time .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help Please Ron. Could bad oxygen sensors cause fault in the system
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Has the computer system been scanned and if so what it the fault code and or codes the computer is setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remember having codes 0141, 0155, 1125 before . Since changing The ECM with Lexus, I've got 0141, 0155
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Both of these codes are HO2S sensor heater circuit codes usually set due to a problem with the HO2S sensor heater and or the circuits to them. Have these codes been addressed?