Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My ecm is faulty on my 2001 lexus es300. as per a reliable

Customer Question

my ecm is faulty on my 2001 lexus es300.
as per a reliable and trusted mechanic, they have tested all wires and advised the ecm dosent send a ground signal to the sensor.
if i get a used ECM, and have it reprogrammed to my original key, would that solve the issue of the ground issue?
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Before you invest in an ECM, your mechanic needs to verify that the ECM is indeed getting the proper ground (there are 4 ground wires)... These 4 grounds are what the ECM needs to send a ground signal out of the ECM.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer