Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a Lexus RX450h with factory installed trailer

Customer Question

I have a Lexus RX450h with factory installed trailer package. I want to connect to the trailer lights. Found a 4 pin connector on driver side behind rear bumper but it has no power when lights are on. What is problem?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure all fuses are in as on some models the trailer wiring may be connected but the fuses are left out in one of the fuse panels that need installed to allow the lighting connector to operate.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course the fuses are all in. First thing checked. The trailer brake box at the back of the car has power applied just no power on the pins of the socket behind bumper
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you or have you traced the wiring from the trailer brake box to the trailer connector to see if any wiring issues are found?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so inother words you are mot familiar with how Lexus sets these prewired units up. You dont know if there is some activation activity required or if there is a plug some where that needs plugged in?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately being a 2015 model my info is somewhat limited.There may be someone else here who can assist further and better with this.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete