Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Jumped dead battery crossed leads just barely, after charge

Customer Question

Jumped dead battery crossed leads just barely, after charge starts and runs fine all is normal except radio. It says "Audio Off". I have checked/replaced fuses
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the leads being crossed even briefly I have seen this cause internal electrical damage to components like the radio and in some cases other computers or electronics in the vehicle itself.The short damages the internal electronics in some cases.What you can try and do is disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it to see if this resets the fault here.If this does not work this will need checked into further having the fault codes checked and electrical testing for proper signals to the radio to see if the radio needs either removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.