Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is goerge, i am working on a 2007 lexus gs430, when

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** am working on a 2007 lexus gs430 , when i drive the car the car dies let it be coming to stop or driving, all the lights led up and in the information center says check vsc, in past week it has happened three times, please help
me solve this problem, by the way the car drives nice no check engine light or any other lights.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Does it restart easily?

So far the symptoms are pointing to a dirty throttle body that needs cleaning as a first approach, can you try that and let me know the results?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, i did what u told me to do by cleaning the throttle body, i also changed the air filter that filter was very clogged up, i was hoping that the filter was the problem, i didnt reply to u cause when u drive the car it is good for 4 0r 5 days and it happens , so the customer called me yesterday and said that samething happened.It happens while slowing down or ur foot is on the gas pedal , and when it happens it starts right back, so dont know what else to do the car, may be fuel pump or relay but what puzzles me that it strarts right back, but the customer is very scared that she might get rear ended, please let me know if u can think of anything else.Thank You

You make it sound like it restarts on its own. Is the engine stalling requiring the key to restart it or is it just stumbling and dropping the rpms very low?