Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2006 IS 250 AWD. Sat garaged too. Noticed the battery was

Customer Question

2006 IS 250 AWD. Sat garaged too long. Noticed the battery was getting weak. Tried to start today and got some clicks and tried to press button to kill. No luck. Seems to be on. I undid the negitive cable and it didn't help. Put a new battery in and no help. Tried the key fob close ti ignition and that doesn't seem to be the answer. Computor? Fuse?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your customer.
Most likely the antitheft module has lost memory for the key while sitting that long. This will require it being reprogrammed with a scan tool.
You can either tow it to a dealer or call around to your local locksmiths. Many now have the needed scan tool and software to do this and will come out to your location
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks