Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2007 Lexus ls 460 and all of sudden my horn just

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Lexus ls 460 and all of sudden my horn just stopped working. NO lights indicating any other problems. What could this be
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There are not monitors for the horn system; if there is any kind of failure the instrument panel will not alert the driver. The problem here could be several things...the most common is a failure in the solder joint on the ribbon cable located on the spiral cable (commonly called a "clockspring"); this unit is what connects the steering wheel horn circuit tot he wires in the steering column. There is diagnosis that would determine this. I would get the diagnosis performed before replacing the spiral cable. The other two possibilities would be either a failed horn relay or a faulty horn, but those would be rare failures.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer