Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

I have an RX350. The oil compression line failed and the

Customer Question

I have an RX350. The oil compression line failed and the engine lost all oil. Stopped driving and had it towed to Lexus. They replaced the oil compression hose and water pump. A month later all the indicator lights are back on. They say they want to replace the cam gears now. My question - how does replacing the cam gears address the loss of oil problem I am experiencing?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

How many quarts of oil was it down? Any more leaks on the drive? Was the check engine light on or was it making noise and this is why you took it in this time?

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the Vehicle Identification Number available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN JTJHK31U092858888 The oil level was down a couple quarts and the engine light, VSC light were on.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

I accepted your phone request but for some reason the status shows it is being rejected. I will submit an additional service offer which will override that if you'd like to discuss this matter via the telephone. Simply supply your phone number in the private information here and I will call you back shortly I'm headed to lunch and will have some time to discuss this.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the information and supply the phone number yet? I don't see anything on my end.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure why I have not heard back from your gotten any phone number to make the call that you requested. This being said you have an issue with the rear bank or bank one camshaft actuators/controllers on the end of the camshaft. Both of these codes indicate a malfunction in the controller for the exhaust cam on bank one. There are two technical service bulletins that were put into place to address these issues with the controllers. To answer your question specifically this does not explain why you would be down two quarts of oil. You need to start having an oil consumption test done I would have them pull the three spark plugs from bank two and have them look in there with the borescope to see if there cylinder wall wear due to the loss of oil it could be that the oil is blowing past the rings. Normally you won't notice this because the converters are very efficient at cleaning up the hydrocarbons and it usually does not smoke.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The code numbers I found were P0014 and P0015. These will trigger all of the lights.