Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2002 RX300 dome lights 't work and display screen is blank

Customer Question

2002 RX300 dome lights don't work and display screen is blank and radio doesn't work. When I put power to the positive terminal of one of the dome lights the display and radio work
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please clarify what you mean when you are saying "when I put power..." How are you applying power? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using a meter attached to battery.

You have a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually my mechanic was doing this troubleshooting this and he has one. I did notice that he was not getting any voltage from the dome ligts.

You either have a loose fit to the dome fuse in the fuse panel under the hood, the short pin (right next to the dome light fuse) is loose or missing, or the fuse is actually blown. if he is applying power to the Positive terminal, he is backfeeding power into the system. This indicates that there is not power in the system, and the circuit is good. The problem here is lack of power, most likely in the fuse panel under the hood.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer