Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Lexpert, I have recently replaced my head gaskets on my 1995

Customer Question

Hi Lexpert, I have recently replaced my head gaskets on my 1995 Lexus SC400, once I got everything back together and attempted to start the car, it would crank but I am getting no spark at all and the 30A EFI fuse keeps blowing out every time I turn the ignition to the ON position. Also the CEL does not come on at all.
What do you think the issue may be?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

You need to test the EFI/Main relay. I have uploaded testing directions for it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tested and even replaced that relay and I still am getting no check engine light when i first turn the ignition to ON without starting and as soon as I turn the key to the ON position the EFI fuse instantly blows.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could there possibly be a short somewhere? Or maybe I missed a grounding connection?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Did you check the wiring for both the injectors and the coils
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tested both the injectors and coils and found no faults.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Sorry if I wasnt clear enough, I meant checking the wiring going to them.
If all components are good and wiring is good, then you will need to check the underside of the fuse box for melted wiring or chafed or loose wiring that is shorting and blowing that fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, after checking all the wiring disturbed during the repair I still have yet to find an exact issue. I checked all of the components that I could find, except for the o2 sensors which i havent had to chance to chek the wiring of yet, that go to the fuse and could find nothing wrong. I pray that the problem is just one of the wires for an o2 sensor grounding out....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank god!!!! It was only an o2 sensor shorting out. Thanks for the help anyway Eric.