sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2005 lexus es 330. The engine spins over, starts and

Customer Question

2005 lexus es 330 . The engine spins over, starts and instantly dies. It will not stay running.Sometimes it will try to keep running but it's stumbling then dies. 3.3L
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have quite a few things going on such as ignitions system issues, fuel qulity or an exhaust restriction but the first thing I would suspect based on your description is very low fuel pressure. The pump may be running but developing very low pressure, just enough to allow the engine to try to start or to start and idle, but not have enough power to continue running or be put under a low.

The first thing I would recommend is checking for fault codes. If no related codes are set then the next thing I would recommend is checking fuel pressure, if pressure is ok then take a sample and make sure the fuel isn't contaminated. Fuel pressure should be 44-50 PSI.