Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My 2006 RX was parked in the sun angling to the left. When I

Customer Question

My 2006 RX was parked in the sun angling to the left. When I drove it the VSC light was on and I drove it for about 8 miles, parked it again and when I returned to it in about 40 min the warning lights had gone off again. Driving and braking normally.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I would not think that the sun has anything to do with this issue. WHat you probebly have is some tyoe of rust buildup that is attaching itself to the wheel speed sensors. This will cause the wheel speed sensor to not read the wheel RPM correctly, and will set the VSC light on. It could easily be something other than rust particles, but rust is the most common cause. Since the light Was on, there should bea code stored in the history section of the VSC memory in the electronic control unit. A good scanner at a reputable shop (or, better yet, a Lexus dealer shop) would be able to extract the history code and perform additional diagnosis if needed. Since it is running and braking OK now, with no light on, the rust particle aspect is very good.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to assist you further.If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input today, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer