scionking
scionking, MASTER CERTIFIED
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I just bought a pre owned 2008 Lexus ls460 with 61,000

Customer Question

I just bought a pre owned 2008 Lexus ls460 with 61,000 miles, i live in Florida and the weather is hot in the morning when I'm backing out of the driveway and I put it in drive and take off I get a banging sound sounds like the tranny but after that it good and at times when I hit the gas to pass someone it seems to hesitate. The manager at the dealer said that happens with the 2007 to 2009 and not to worry about it and I can get interest free extended warranty which I can understand to be good but I have this issue now with a 90 day warranty so I can't accept that this is a normal thing, can you give me your diagnosis
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a major issue or a minor one , could it be a warm up sensor, should I let the car run for a few minutes before driving even though it's pretty hot here in Florida already
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

This could be a major issue, visit this link, dealer would have to verify this wasn't done yet and that its applicable to car.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachments/ls-4th-gen-2007-present/251384d1340982201-ls-460-acceleration-problems-l-sb-0033-08-hesitation-on-acceleration.pdf

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.