Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2008 is250 the car was parked week and when I tried

Customer Question

I have a 2008 is250 the car was parked for a week and when I tried to turn it on, not even the dashboard would light up so my buddy helped me jump the car.. Shortly it stalled and VSC light turned on along with the S/p light. Car will not run on! Help please
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I noticed that after I replaced the battery when I try to turn on the car there is a ONE CLICK by the fuse box on the driver side ( the dashboard does turn on) but there is a VSC AND S/p light up. I had someone try and turn on the car manually through the starter fuse but it would just crank but not turn on completely.I also got the fuse box checked on the passenger side next to the battery but I was told they are all good.The car is manual 6 speed so I also tried to stard the car on 2nd speed on a little hill but didn't work.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
By the description, I suspect that the immobilizer has set due to lost memory of the key and will require reprogramming with a dealer level scan tool