Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2005 SC 430 with 58K miles. My CD player quit

Customer Question

I have a 2005 SC 430 with 58K miles. My CD player quit working when it was playing a cd with a likely scratch, and it said "Error 3" - i believe this cd was in the 3rd of 6 spots. Now I have no CD play and I am unable to eject any of my discs. Please help
me resolve this!! Thanks
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Error code '3' indicates an issue with the discs in the magazine rack. Normally, when we see ERR 3 in the shop, we find either a disc problem (scratched to the point where the laser cannot read the encoding info at the center circle), the disc is home-made, the dis has a label peeling off, or 2 discs are jammed into one magazine slot caused by one of the above issue. Manual extraction (remove the radio and pop the lid on the radio/CD assembly is next to impossible. You have one option available to you: Remove the radio form the dash. Unplug all of the wire connections, including the antenna. Turn the key on and reconnect the radio unit. Turn the unit on and immediately press the eject button. Sometimes (about 60%), disconnecting the radio causes the CD unit to 'forget' the number of CDs in the magazine, by default it automatically ejects them. This is a shop trick that we learned several years ago. If the magazine or the ejection mechanism is damaged, it may not work. However, it is surely worth a try.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a trick to remove the radio from the dash?

There is a lot of dis-assembly involved. No easy tricks. Sorry