Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I am having the issue where the Check VSC light keeps coming

Customer Question

I am having the issue where the Check VSC light keeps coming on. My car engine went through a rebuild a couple of years ago on a recall involving the 2008 IS 250 and stuttering (misfiring) engines. Cylinders were rebuilt but now the car has been to the dealer at least 5 times due to reoccurring check engine VSC lights coming on. Supposedly they "have checked everything" at no charge to date since they thought it was related to the rebuild. Now the dealer's rep calls and says they "think" it "might" be related to the power trans and want to charge me over $1K to repair as the warranty ran out at 70K. Car has 86K mileage on it. Any advice before I lay out serious cash?!?!?!?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Do you happen to have the code numbers they got when connecting to the computer, it may be on the repair order from the visits you've had.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the codes with me as I'm in the office. Spoke with the service rep today and after much testing, they have determined that one side of the engine has low oil pressure but they have yet to determine why. They have ruled out the cam gears so there will be no charge (the original $1k estimate) and had previously replaced the oil control valves (at no charge). They are still investigating and will update me tomorrow. Stay tuned. . . .
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Have you been experiencing any rattle noise on first starts of the morning?

Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Different expert here. if only the VSC light is illuminated at the instrument cluster, this would have nothing to do with engine performance or oil pressure.