scionking
scionking, MASTER CERTIFIED
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

2013 lexus gs. Replaced tire pressure monitor on one wheel.

Customer Question

2013 lexus gs. Replaced tire pressure monitor on one wheel. Reregistered all tires. Green idiot light for low tire pressure is off. When I let air out of tire, I can see it on the hand held and the light comes on on the dash like it should. The problem is the digital tire pressure readout on the dash just shows --- for all tires. I even tried removing the battery and allowing the car to reboot. No luck. So tires are talking to the car and the tire pressure system ok, but not showing digital readout.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

How long have you waited for the --- to go away. Sometimes it takes a while for then to show up on the dash, Ive had to set the car out back running for 30 minutes to get them to populate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have driven the car lots of miles since and it never fixed it.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried airing up all tires to 65 PSI then deflating then to 0, while the car is running( This could wake up any sleeping sensors, and force multiple signals to be sent). Once there all at zero set them to spec while the car is running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sensors aren't sleeping. They are talking to the car. I can see them on the hand held tool. The green idiot light sees them and reacts when the pressure is low. They aren't sleeping. The car just isn't displaying the digital values on the dash.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I understand what your saying, would you still be willing to try this though?

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

If you have tinted windows roll them down while you preform this operation.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Try reinitializing them, the location might not be correct for tires.

see attached

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done that many times as I tried various things, that doesn't seem to fix it. I also tried the air thing just now. No luck
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

It sees the tiresAnd recognizes their pressures it just can't see the location Location is set and you do a reinitialization.What's the sense of that was replaced a Toyota brand

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reinitialization was done using a Lexus tool.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about the last message it was talk to text auto correct. what I meant was.

It sees the tires and recognizes their pressures it just can't see the location. Location is set when you do a reinitialization.Was the sensor that was replaced a Toyota brand sensor.

Did you try Initializing with tire reset button ? As the attachment picture instructed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all that. That's directly out of the owner's manual, so yes I did that.
I appreciate the help, but this doesn't seem to be getting me any further to solving the issue. I was hoping that you could find some recent service bulletin that detailed the problem and the solution. If you find something like that please let me know.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I will opt out , I don't feel I can assist any more at this time. I will opt back in if I find information pertaining to this issue.