Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a lexus rx350 the liftgate opens about 2 inches n

Customer Question

I have a lexus rx350 the liftgate opens about 2 inches n closes instantly only unlocks and goes back in.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want an answer asap
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with one of the lifting mechanisms jamming up or debris in the lifting components causing the reverse of the door when operating it.The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.The codes need checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.If you can get the codes read out and post them here this will help just let me know.

Thanks Pete