Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

97 lexus es 300 car side bank 1 oxygen sensor wiring.the

Customer Question

97 lexus es 300 car side bank 1 oxygen sensor wiring.the plug came off and i need to rewire it.also what is the procedure to get all IM monitors ready for state inspection.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 4 wire plug that connects to the sensor.
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** me get the wiring for you.. As far as resetting the monitors there is a drive cycle that must happen.. Some cars are easy , just drive it some in town and freeway.. shut if off and drive again twice.. and they can reset.. Others are more difficult and may take a couple of days .. I will also get you the actual drive cycle... So BANK 1 Sensor 1 correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bank 1 sensor 1,the sensor located close to the firewall of the car.i would appreciate the drive cycle assistance its been 2 weeks of driving without the IM reading OK
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

OK.. if the check engine light is on and you clear the codes all monitors go back to NOT READY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was cleared,it is back to not ready i thought*****would fix it.but i think there is a particular drive cycle procedure which includes starts and stops.
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

I will get it for you.. along with the wire colors and positions..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thanks
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

Give me about 10 minutes.. having trouble getting the wiring diag to show up for you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you,but image is too small do you have a high resolution image i cannot view the jpeg
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

I saw that..

I will see if someone else can help.. having trouble sorry.. Jim

Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Brian and I will try to help you. I have attached a picture of the connector. Please let me know if this will help you. As far as the readiness monitor status goes, after you repair the connector and clear the codes in the computer you will have to drive the car in order to run all the monitors. Some monitors run more quickly than others. Some require a certain number of drive cycles. please let me know if I can help you in any other way. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I just realized that your looking for the connector view on the car side. Not the sensor side. I will opt out and continue to look for that. If I find it I will reply back with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks brian yes thats the connector i need the car side wiring.the connector stripped from the car and is only on the sensor so i have 4 wires loose from the car side sensor is still intact
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my nme is Tim, I can get you the connector view, can you tell me what color the 4 wires are?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ill do that tommorow i need to really access the wiring.then ill post here thanks
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

here are the colored wires from the computer ...

Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

Pin 1 and 2 are the heater 12 volts/ ground pin 3 and 4 are for the oxy sensor / fuel control ... your sensor has two parts ... one is the heater the other is the oxy sensor commands fuel control... hope this help... if you could post...

Jim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

let me know,Tim