FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE
1627031

I have just replaced a set of all new tires and wheels on my

Customer Question

I have just replaced a set of all new tires and wheels on my Lexus about a day ago,
the low tire pressure light came on, and i was told by the mechanics who mounted the tires that it would go away.
now i am seeing a check system light for my tires.
is this because the new tires i bought had new tire pressure sensors in them and the factory lexus tire sensors had to be replaced?
i bought this car 3 years ago from a couple who was moving to korea and they did not tell me about the ID Codes.
BTW, i am a service member stationed overseas in germany, would i also be able to take my car to a toyota/lexus dealership and have them take a look at it, even though my car is US Specs?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. If they did in fact replace some of the sensors then this will not go away typically without taking it to the dealer to have the system initialized. If it was the same sensors then it would usually pick them up, but it really cannot with the replacements. If you take it to a dealer, even overseas, they should be able to easily do this. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it have to be a Certified Lexus Dealer? There arent too many around here in Germany...
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

No. It actually just need to be a shop that has the right scan tool that can initialize the TPMS system for relearn.